Wednesday, April 23, 2008

An excellent comment from Marginal Revolution

"What I don't understand is why Europeans care that Americans think that their country is great.

I think my wife is the best woman in the world.

That is why I married her.

That doesn't mean that you can't think your wife is great too.

I think my country is great. That is why I live here.

I expect that Europeans think that their countries are great too. Good for them. I don't spend two seconds worrying about what other people think about their own country or trying to point out shortcomings. Heck I don't know enough first hand about any European country to even make valid comparisons (and most Europeans don't know enough about the US either).

Why so much haterism from Europeans? I'm with Tyler, seems like some insecurity about something to me."



Credit goes to a man named eccdogg

No comments: